Dying Light 2: Stay Human is less than a month away, and publisher Techland is keeping the hype train running with one last “Dying 2 Know” episode. This one’s a big one and addresses some lingering questions, including “How does co-op work?” and “What does the game look like on last-gen consoles?” We also get a nice chunk of new gameplay, showing off the game’s various features. You can check out Dying 2 Know Episode 6 below, provided you have around 20 minutes to spare.
As mentioned, co-op was probably the biggest thing discussed during the show. Up to 4 players can play together, and even if you’re not hosting, you get to keep all your items and player progression. No mission is walled off from co-op either, with players being able to vote when branching narrative choices come up. As for how the game runs on last-gen consoles, the results look pretty solid. Granted, the lighting isn’t as nice, and I’m sure the resolution takes a hit, but the base assets look about the same as they do on PC/XSX/PS5. Need to know more about Dying Light 2? Here’s the game’s official description…
Over twenty years ago in Harran, we fought the virus — and lost. Now, we’re losing again. The City, one of the last large human settlements, is torn by conflict. Civilization has fallen back into the Dark Ages. And yet, we still have hope. You are a wanderer with the power to change the fate of The City. But your exceptional abilities come at a price. Haunted by memories you cannot decipher, you set out to learn the truth… and find yourself in a combat zone. Hone your skills, as you’ll need both fists and wits. Unravel the dark secrets behind the wielders of power, choose sides and decide your destiny. But wherever your actions take you, there’s one thing you can never forget — stay human
- Vast open world – Participate in the life of a city engulfed in a new dark era. Discover different paths and hidden passages, as you explore its multiple levels and locations.
- Choices and consequences – Shape the future of The City with your actions and watch how it changes. Determine the balance of power by making choices in a growing conflict and forge your own experience.
- Day and Night cycle – Wait for night to venture into dark hideouts of the Infected. Sunlight keeps them at bay, but once it’s gone, monsters begin the hunt, leaving their lairs free to explore.
- Creative and brutal combat – Take advantage of your parkour skills to tip the scales of even the most brutal encounter. Clever thinking, traps and creative weapons will be your best friends.
- 2-4 player co-op gameplay – Play in up to four-player co-op. Host your own games or join others and see how their choices have played out differently than yours.
Dying Light 2: Stay Human is coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5, and Switch via the cloud on February 4, 2022.
The post Dying Light 2 4-Player Co-op and First PS4/Xbox One Footage Showcased Prior to Launch by Nathan Birch appeared first on Technovanguard.
Leave a Reply